Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday

Dinner was delish tonight - simple, local and reasonably slow. When we got home from Bluffton, I put the clams and oysters in the refrigerator and poured a generous amount of balsamic vinegar over the tuna steaks. Around 5;15 I went out and started the charcoal and then came in and shucked the oysters ( the job really shucks but someone has gotta do it). It takes me a couple of minutes per oyster as I don't do them every day, but it all worked out timing wise as the coals were perfect when I was done. I threw the tuna on the grill, directly over the hot spot to start (careful here, the balsamic vinegar will burn, due to the sugar) and then off to the side to finish them up. We eat our tuna about medium. The only way to ruin tuna is to over cook it, you might as well buy the can...yuck. Susie whipped up a quick salad and pan fried some left over pasta. It was dinner. Susan ate hers on a bun, she has been craving a tuna samich for some time so it hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment