Monday, March 2, 2009

Friday


So, I am a little behind. On Friday night we had NY Strips with grilled/baked potatoes. It was so good and I was so bad that no pictures were taken. Hey it's a strip steak on the grill. Anyway, if there is an interesting thing about the dinner, it is that we buy whole strip loins and clean them and slice them ourselves. For me this is a very simple procedure 1) I know how to do it and 2) I have the correct knife. Next time I do it I'll film it and post it here. The nice thing about buying the whole loin is the price of course, but also the control you have of the steak size (thickness). Susan and I like a fairly thick steak approx 1.5 inches - since that would be too much to eat we simply cut it in half after cooking. Did you know I LOVE RED MEAT? I thought maybe you had heard that. Anyway for today here is a picture of the frozen steak and my knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment