Thursday, April 2, 2009

Beef tips over noodles

A few nights ago I (Susan here) made beef tips from a small piece of Fillet Mignon that we had in the freezer (we like to buy whole fillets when they are on sale and freeze them). Easy and quick to do. I also had some baby bellas (portabella mushrooms) in the fridge, so I added them. We had left over spaghetti noodles to serve the tips over.

First I cubed up the beef, we like it quite rare, so I left the cubes large.

To a very hot pan, I added olive oil, a few cloves of garlic and then the mushrooms, seasoned w/ Adobo. Sautee mushrooms to a golden brown.
Once the mushrooms are browned to your liking, de-glaze the pan w/ some type of liquid. I used red wine for the bold flavor (and I enjoyed a glass while cooking). Anybody else love 2 buck chuck?Remove the mushrooms to a seperate bowl , add a little more olive oil to the pan and add the beef cubes, seasoned w/ garlic salt, black pepper and adobo. Make sure the pan is good and hot before you add the meat. Brown the meat on all sides and de-glaze the pan w/ beef base. Return the mushrooms to the pan.
We had some garlic butter left in the freezer from the last batch that our good friend Scott made for us, so I added a touch of that as well. Make sure you add enough of the beef broth to have a good bit of sauce for the noodles.

I fried up the left over spaghetti (I like crispy noodles), spiced up w/ a little cayenne, of course.Serve up the noodles in a bowl and top w/ the tips/mushrooms/sauce - top w/ a little parmesan if desired and enjoy... The whole thing took less than 15 minutes from start to finish.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is the first time reading this where I said "Hey, I would have done that too!" Mostly the OO, garlic and mushrooms w/ Adobo, but still. Maybe I'm finally getting the hang of this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a better cook than you think you are...

    ReplyDelete